THMC50 and ADM1022 support for 2.6 kernel(improved)

Dnia 3-07-2007 o godz. 23:17 Jean Delvare napisa?(a):
> Hi Krzysztof,
>
> On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 23:37:33 +0200, Krzysztof Helt wrote:

> > The analog output has range from 0 to 255. The 0 value is the
least value possible but
> > it is not 0 voltage on output pin. It simply must be adjusted
to the range 1-255
> > to conform with sysfs. I choose this way as the simplest.
Another possibility is
> > to scale this value when set and displayed from 1-255 (sysfs)
to 0-255 (chip) range.

> > The sysfs 0 value for pwm1 is translated to setting a special
bit which cuts off the
> > fan power completely (this works on my motherboard and it is
given in reference
> > design, but I cannot guarantee it is connected this way on
all boards).

> I see. Scaling from 1-255 to 0-255 would be counterproductive,
but is
> it really what you want to do? You say that a register value
doesn't
> stop the fan, suggesting that the analog output isn't 0V? Do
you know
> how much it is? For example, if the full analog output is 2.5 V
and a
> register value of 0 means an output of 1.0 V, then you want to
map the
> register values 0 to 255 to sysfs values 102 to 255. 0 would
stop the
> fan, and values from 1 to 101 would behave the same as 102 (i.e.
> minimum non-stop speed). See what I mean?

I see, but my explanation was not quite clear/true.

According to docs, the THMC50 produces range between 0 and 2.5V.
The residual voltage (0 value != 0 V) comes from the external
power amplifier. There are 6 example designs of external power
amplifier given in the THMC50's datasheet. Most of the are