looking for i2c client chips which need a driver written

Hi All,

As most of you know as my paid job I'm a computer science lecturer at a Dutch
university. Coming september I'll be teaching a class (and lab excercises) in
Linux device driver writing.

I would like the students to write a simple driver during their lab time,
preferably one for a device which doesn't have one yet.

Now I'm thinking about building some i2c-tiny-usb interfaces, and ordering some
i2c chips which need drivers written. This could be sensor chips, but also
other i2c chips.

So do you know any chips (with available datasheet and which can be ordered
through normal channels) suitable for this?

Thanks & Regards,

Hans