Hacking on libsensors

Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My employer, Novell, has organized a "hack week". This is one week where
> every employee is free to hack on whatever he/she wants [1].
> Unsurprisingly I decided I would spend that time on libsensors. I
> posted the idea here:
> http://idea.opensuse.org/content/ideas/generic-sensors-library

It sounds like an excellent plan to start working on the 3.0 branch! Let me
know if you need any help, and/or when you want me to test this on the machines
I have access too.

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

Some time ago we had a discussion about amongst other things some bad
assumptions in the generic voltage printing code. I promised to fix this, but
its still on my todo, I will happily fix this once things stabilize (I would
like to avoid svn commit conflicts), if you feel inclined to fix it yourself
thats fine too, here is the important part of our previous conversation on this:

 > Also print_generic_chip_in(), has some dangerous and unneeded assumptions, for
 > example:
 > -it assumes that if there is a inX_max that there will also always be a inX_min
 > -it assumes that if there is no inX_max there will also be no alarms

Somewhat less "unneeded" assumption