Quick Question about latest IBM thinkpads!

Hi Henrique,

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:24:04 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > For the stable branch of lm-sensors, explicit support will be needed. If
> > you plan to merge support in the 2.6.23 kernel, it would probably be a
> > good thing to merge the user-space support now, so that it makes it into
> > the next release (2.10.4) and is available when kernel 2.6.23-rc1 is
> > released.
>
> What needs to be done so that lm-sensors userspace will grok thinkpad-acpi
> sensors?  Is there a howto somewhere?

If you followed the standard sysfs interface (and you really want to),
the code in the lm-sensors-3.0.0 branch should work right away. But
we're nowhere next to a releasable state on this branch, so I'd
suggests that you also add support to the trunk, which should become
lm-sensors 2.10.4 soon.

We don't have a HOWTO, but using a similar change as an example should
make the job easy:
  http://www.lm-sensors.org/changeset/4355

If you have specific questions on the way, just ask and we'll try to
help. I'll be happy to review (and test) your code when you're done.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare