sis5595

Hey Jean,

I got response from PCCHIPS, but no luck that way. They simply said
something along the line of "We don't provide datasheets to End-users and
you can download the drivers from our website", where they obviously are not
(The AMI utility, it is).
Pitty, but not that surpising..

I also posted a message on GoT (dutch tweakers forum) and someone pointed me
to "PCCHips Lottery", which is offline right now, but Internet Archive keeps
a mirror at:
http://web.archive.org/web/20060114065910/http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q3998142/pcchips/threads.html
Might be a very usefull link to other people with a PCCHIPS mobo.

According to this post:
http://web.archive.org/web/20041227220452/www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q3998142/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001138.html
It seems that the motherboard has two temperature sensors, one for the
Socket 370, one for the Slot 1. I use the 370.

> The JP7 (I think this is the number, is the one in the middle of the
> motherboard, with 3 pins) chooses which temp sensor will be measured
> (S370 OR Slot1). At least that's my conclusion after some tests...
> If you put the opposite setting on JP7 your motherboard will measure the
> sensor that is no on your CPU and you will get a "system
> temperature" like measure.
So that's at least something.
I'll have more time next week, and I'll try to see if I can extract some
more information about the temperature and sensor-readings.

Ivo

P.s. Hans: Thanks for offering your multimeter, however, I'd rather try it
without one first :).