Possible support for the SMSC SCH5317? (found on HP dc7700 hardware)

Hello,

We're trying to work out how we monitor temperatures in HP dc7700
machines, and we've been looking for possibly interesting chips on the
motherboard.

We've found an SMSC SCH5317, which we suspect is related to the SMSC
SCH5017 SuperIO and thermal diode monitoring chip, but we can't find
documentation for it on the web (it's not mentioned on SMSC's web site).
We've tried the dme1737 driver mentioned on the wiki, together with all
drivers in mainline 2.6.21, but none of them pick it up.

Has anyone else encountered one of these chips? If so, have you been
able to get lm-sensors to read temperatures out of it?
--
Thanks in advance for any help,

Simon Farnsworth