[patch 2.6.23-pre] s/SENSORS_/HWMON_/ in Kconfig, Makefile

Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi Mark, Hi Jim,
>
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 07:23:46 -0400, Mark M. Hoffman wrote:
>
>> Hi Jim:
>>
>> * Jim Cromie <jim.cromie at gmail.com> [2007-06-11 23:26:27 -0600]:
>>
>>> (patch attached, with this stuff at the top - hope thats ok)
>>>
>>> This changes SENSORS to HWMON in Kconfig and Makefile,
>>> which makes it agree with 'menuconfig HWMON' at the top of Kconfig,
>>> and with the dir-name itself.  ISTM that theres no reason
>>> (save legacy) to keep this arbitrary difference.
>>>
>> It will break 'make oldconfig', although I don't care *too* much about that.
>> Does anyone else care one way or the other?

I guess I should have pointed that out.
It did give me a chance to say 'm' to all of them..

> However, if we do that, let's do it completely and clean up the
> occurrences of CONFIG_SENSORS_* that are left under drivers/i2c/chips
> at the same time. Otherwise some confusion will be left. Jim, can you
> please submit a new patch doing this?
>
> Thanks,

attached, with patch-desc and sign-off at the top of the file.
I went with a separate patch since its a different subdir.

thanks.

PS - ( I wanted to say this without adding a separate 'me-too' email )

Congrats to Jean, for having successfully passed on the burden,
youve earned some laurel-resting.

And condolences to Mark, for having been talked into taking the burden.

And of course, *big thanks* to both of you, for doing this demanding,
tedious, and mostly under-appreciated job.

Mark,
do you plan to keep web-page like Jean did with this ?

    http://khali.linux-fr.org/devel/linux-2.6/jdelvare-hwmon/

I found it useful to avoid asking  "are we there yet ?" type questions  :-)