Sensors-detect with DMI information, requirements & first version: Requestion comment

Hey all,

It's been a while since I've posted the first patch and I've had no response
yet. Luckily, I was able to improve the script some more in the meantime, so
I would like to send in a new patch. Comments and flames are welcome ;)

The patch supports:
 * Command line parameters
  (--automatic, --manual, --version, --verbose, --help, --update)
* Looks up DMI information and tries to match this with a config file in
  /usr/share/lmsensors/motherboards
* Ability to update /usr/share/lmsensors/motherboards with database (Note:
  This database is currently a DUMMY and does not contain any usuable
   information suitable for anything besides testing).
* Proccesses the config file if found.

New since last patch:
* Escaping of slashes in filenames.
* Check for updates before downloading the update
* Saves a dump of DMI information to file.
* Don't initialize DMI information if DMI detection is not enabled
* Displays annotated comments in configfiles
- Some code cleanup
- Added comments

Config files are parsed as following:
It looks in /usr/share/lmsensors/motherboards for a filename matching
system-manufacturer - baseboard-manufacturer  - system-product-name -
baseboard-product-name - system-version - baseboard-version. (Without the
spaces ofcourse ;)). If it can't find this config, it will look for an
alternate revision: everything  with a different version number. It lists
these config files and lets the user decide whether to load them or not.

If a configuration file is finally loaded, it looks through it for lines
starting with:
# modprobe
These modules will be (auto)loaded.

It also parses lines with:
# Comment: blablabla
And prints * blablabla. This is done (i.e.) to notify a user if a
configuration is found, but the motherboard has no hardware monitoring
capabilities.

=
I've also added a shellscript which can be added to the lmsensors
startupscript in /etc/init.d/. This script check for modified DMI
information (I.E. new motherboard) and then tries to autodetect the
motherboard using this information.

Because attachments seem to get filtered out when I send them to the list,
I've also uploaded them at:
Patch:
http://www.pinkelmans.nl/prive/sensors/sensors-detect-20070530.patch
Shellscript:     http://www.pinkelmans.nl/prive/sensors/shell