From: Jean Delvare [mailto:khali at linux-fr.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:32 PM
To: Ramji
Subject: Re: LM63 i2c chip driver

Hi Ramji,

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:33:41 +0530, Ramji wrote:
> The Aleart pin has been connected to the MPC8548 interrupt controller.
> According to my understanding, there isn't any provision to handle
> interrupt in Lm63 driver.

This is correct. All the Linux hardware monitoring drivers are based on
polling.

> Can you guide me to implement ISR with the driver? I need to notify
> the user application whenever there will be interrupt. As lm63 driver
> isn't directly Communicate with the user application, its confusing task.

I can't help you with that, sorry, I've never done anything like that and
have no idea how it is supposed to work.

> I have incorporated support for LM64 in lm63 driver. I will send you
> the modified file once I will be done with all the changes. I will be
> thankful to you, if you give your valuable time to review it.

Sure, send it to me when it's done and I'll try to find some time to review
it. You can Cc the lm-sensors mailing list, in case others are interested in
reviewing and/or using your code.

But please don't sent me a complete file. Send me a patch instead (as
generated by diff -u), so that I can see exactly what changes you made and
can comment on them quickly.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare

 - This message has been scanned for viruses, spam and dangerous content by
www.CleanMailGateway.com, and is believed to be clean.

eInfochips Business Disclaimer:
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally Privileged
information. In case you are not the original intended Recipient of the
message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute,
print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to delete it
and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message
shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by eInfochips
Limited and/or eInfochips Inc("eInfochips") unless sent with that express
intent and with due authority of eInfochips. eInfochips has taken enough
precautions to prevent the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no