Taking a closer look at lm-sensors, Makefile brokeness

Hi all,

Because of the integration of the dynamic chip support written by my students,
I've been taking a (much) closer look at lm-sensors userspace.

The current makefile is broken for use by any serious distribution / any
distribution will need to patch it.

Why? Well because of the abundant use of ":=" instead of "="

For example the Makefile says:
"PREFIX := /usr/local"

Now when one wants an other prefix, normally in the build script for the distro
one would invoke make like this:

make PREFIX=/usr

however because of the unnecessary use of :=, this isn;'t work as := will
overwrite any environment / make commandline settings. This leads to distro's
using patches to the makefile like the one attached.

Is it ok if I fix this in the 3.0.0 branch?

Regards,

Hans