#2159: lm-sensors doesn't work on Abit AB9 Pro

Hi all,

Once again through the list as I still can do nothing with the ticket,
even though its assigend to me. Notice that just might be me being a
total trac noop, I see no edit link or whatever anywhere and reading the
trac guide learns me that I need to annotate the bug, but I see no
annotate link / button either.

Anyways on to the ticket:

lm-sensors wrote:
> #2159: lm-sensors doesn't work on Abit AB9 Pro
> -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  ticket    |       Owner:  jwrgoede
>       Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
>  Component:  hardware  |     Version:  2.10.0
> Resolution:            |    Keywords:
> -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
> Comment (by ticket):
>
>  Hi,
>
>  I tried to use the abituguru2 driver (0.1.2) but it wasn't able to find
>  the device.

Yes, that reminds me that the detection code needs to be even less
strict. To work around this do: "insmod abituguru2.ko force=1"

> I have an AB9 Pro running Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (2.6.20-6)
>  x86_64. I also downloaded the openguru tool and this is the output of the
>  first few lines on the first run:
>

>  {{{
>  Detect: 08 ac
>  uGuru wasn't found on motherboard.
>  AC2005 board id 0014
>  }}}
>
>  This is the beginning of the output of the second and all following runs:
>
>  {{{
>  Detect: 00 05
>  uGuru wasn't found on motherboard.
>  AC2005 board id 0014
>  }}}

Okay, thats once again the detection code not working, but unlike the
kernel driver openguru continues even when the detection fails,
confusing I know, but please keep in mind that openguru is meant only as
a debug tool to help developing the kernel driver.

>  I noticed that the all values seemed to be OK but I miss the fan
>  information for AUX1 to AUX3.

Strange, the motherboard information used to determine what inputs to
show and how to label them is taken straight from Abit .ini files, well
  I've seen a bug in one of those .ini files before :)

Try putting the attached version of config0014.h in the openguru dir and
then recompiling that should give you those fans too.

Regards,

Hans