hwmon-vid: Unknown VRM version of your x86 CPU

Hi Udo,

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:02:50 +0100, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Same problem as some time ago when
> Rudolf Marek wrote:
> > Please apply it and see the system log for result. (and of course mail it back)
>
> I now have a VIA Epia EN12000 which shows in dmesg:
>
> hwmon-vid: Unknown VRM version of your x86 CPU
>
> # cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 10
> model name      : VIA Esther processor 1200MHz
> stepping        : 9
> cpu MHz         : 1197.098
> cache size      : 128 KB
> fdiv_bug        : no
> hlt_bug         : no
> f00f_bug        : no
> coma_bug        : no
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 1
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
> cmov pat clflush acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 tm pni est tm2 rng rng_en ace
> ace_en ace2 ace2_en phe phe_en pmm pmm_en
> bogomips        : 2396.86
> clflush size    : 64

Indeed we do not support this CPU family at the moment.

> Need more info?

We'd need to know which VRM standard this CPU wants. Which hardware
monitoring chip and driver are you using? Can you try different VRM
standards and see if one appears to match the expected CPU core voltage?

--
Jean Delvare