Could the k8temp driver be interfering with ACPI?

Jean Delvare wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:13:30 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> I'm thinking that it might be an idea to also use this idea of udev autoloading
>> through DMI info for the abituguru and abituguru3 driver (review please). The
>> both only support about 12 motherboards. For the abituguru driver, dmi info
>> could also be used to automatically set the module options needed on the 2
>> oldest uguru featuring abit motherboards. What do you think about this?
>
> Given that the uguru chips are hard (impossible) to detect and only a
> small number of boards need it, yes, I think it's a good idea.

<snipping CC-list down a bit>

I'm glad you like it, but how does this relate to using dmi info in
sensors-detect, if we add that capability to sensors-detect and add a database
with known motherboards and there configs, then that would be a doublure with
having the info in the drivers, this is the main reason why I hesitate.

Regards,

Hans