Abit AT8 (non-32X) / Winbond 83627EHF

Rick Wright wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have the Abit AT8 mobo described in the subject line and I'm trying to
> get lm_sensors working properly for this board.  I see there is still
> very recent activity concerning getting this Winbond chip fully
> supported.  In the latest 2.10.2 release I see Dave Platt added these
> changes relavent to my board:
>
> Program sensord:
>                         Add w83627ehf voltage support (Dave Platt)
>                         Add k8temp support (Dave Platt)
>
> These additions appear to be working properly OOTB as the "sensors"
> command produces the following output:

You probably do NOT have a w83627ehf, but an Abit uGuru custom sensor
chip, most likely revision 3 of the abituguru. A couple of weeks ago
I've posted a patch with a new kernel driver for revision 3 of the uguru
(the current abituguru driver only supports revision 1 and 2).

If your manual/driver cd says uGuru anywhere then you really do have
one. I've also written a userspace utility which can read from the uguru
when run as root try dowloading:
http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/openguru2.3.1.tar.gz

Compile it like this:
gcc -O2 -Wall -o oguru main2.c openGuru.c

And then as root run: ./oguru

Let me know if and how it works for you any feedback is much appreciated.

Regards,

Hans