i have a problem with ds1337,arm linux 2.6.20

the part that enables the RTC after first power up in
ds1337_init_client() fails to write a status bit in the chip, so we fall
into the same reset code (that writes zeros in the RTC regs) after each
reboot.

its giving time from zero onwards,if i set the time also its not
taking ,its taking from zero onwards  ,please tell me the way to come
out from this problem.

please tell me soon because i struct with this ,from 2 days .....