Status update generic chipset support

Hello all,

It has been a while since my last message in which I promised a
patch soon, due to some other duties it got delayed a bit. However we
are still working on the changes and a patch will be posted within a
week.

We also started with the printing routine, this is currently finished
for about 80%. The total lines of additional code is about 300,
but it should support almost every chipset.

Some problems we encoutered and how the function currently gets around
are below:

- Some chipsets support features that aren't supported by any other
chipset, for example the adm1021 has a die-code feature.

The function currently ignores these. It could be handled by some
additional chip specific callback function.

- When reading a certain feature of a chip, some chips return 127 as the
current value. The print routines of these chips will then either ignore
or warn about this feature.

The function currently just prints the 127.

- The following chips have a special feature that indicates the type of
temp. sensor used, (w83781d, it87, f71805f). None of these have
specifified the main temp. feature as their mapping in lib/chips.c. This
means the function can't easily find out to which temp. it belongs.

It would be easier when there was a mapping.

- Most chips use a bitmask to indicate which feature holds an alarm. As
this is chip specific it (almost) can't be used in the function.

Some chips do have a different file/feature for each alarm, changing
all/most of the chips to this model would be easier for the function.

regards,

--
Bob