w83627ehf

I also run an ehf chip.

I'm using quite an outdated version of the driver. So your mileage may
vary.

Still, when I want to play with fans, it not working immediately.

I have to mess a lot with pvm2_enable / pvm2_mode, echo'ing 1 or 2 in it
before it starts working. I still haven't found which sequence makes it
works, because even after rmmod'ing and modprobing the driver everything
is working fine.

I suspect that when I set the CPU fan to 20% in the BIOS, the chip gets in
a state which is not what is expected by the driver. Thus, to make it
working I have to play a little time with it before it gets in a normal
state.

Sylvain