> CPU#0 Core2: +59?C
>
> I am using a sensors.conf of:
>
> chip "k8temp-*"
>         label temp1 "CPU#0 Core1"
>         label temp3 "CPU#0 Core2"
>         label temp2 "CPU#1 Core1"
>         label temp4 "CPU#1 Core2"
>
> Is this correct?
> I get no reading on temp2 or temp4, which is right as I only have
> one dual core Opteron in this two socket board.

Theoretically there could be 4 temps for one physical CPU. Two for each core * 2
= 4. And because your CPU is dualcore, and your CPU supports only 1
temperature/core so you see two of them ;) I hope I clarified that.

So all in all, this works fine. Lets check the i2c bus related problem. And wait
for some logs from you ;)

Regards
Rudolf