sensors.conf syntax: anyone use escape sequences?

Hi Mark,

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 09:01:42 -0500, Mark M. Hoffman wrote:
> This is a question about sensors.conf syntax:
>
> For a quoted string, libsensors currently accepts C language escape sequences
> like '\n' for newline, etc.  It also accepts octal escapes, like '\015', but
> for some reason it doesn't accept hex escapes, like '\x20'.
>
> Question: is anyone actually using these escapes?
>
> I wouldn't mind getting rid of them.

I've never seen them used. I agree that octal escapes don't sound very
useful, assuming libsensors accepts all character values in quoted
strings, and not only the 32-127 range. Same applies to C language
escape sequences, except \n, as I guess there is no other way to
include a newline in a string?

Then the question is, how much does it cost? It's not a totally
unreasonable feature, so we'd need a good reason to get rid of it.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare