ASUS P5B DELUXE WiFi with Winbond W83627DHG

Hi Christian,

> You ar right, but the meter should integrate, shouln?t it (the fan does
> anyway)
> What I can see is, when setting 0...255 in pwm2, this translates to 0..5 V
> roughly linear on the meter.
> 255 should mean "almost always on" and should result in something close to
> 12V, isn?t it? But I can measure only 5V....
The meter is digital. The ADC has a high sample rate and integrates
piecemeal. Or I could be wrong about your meter. However, you are
right about needing to do more research. A cheap way to measure peak
voltage is to charge a capacitor in series with a diode. It will reach
peak voltage but not discharge. Then you (might) be able to measure it
with your meter.

> No I think there might be more secrets behind 4-pin fans than I know...
> maybe these fans use TTL logic type voltages to influence electronic
> communtation internally.....
> We might need to reseearch in the internet her

David