question regarding lm-sensors.org - LTC1760

Thank you for your help.

>Von: mohan
>Betreff: Re:  question regarding lm-sensors.org - >LTC1760
>

>Yes I have the driver which works ok.
>Since I am using this in a propietary embedded system, it may >not be appropriate for general use.

I also have to use a embedded system. An AMD DBAu1200 is the platform I use.

>The big issue is bus arbitration. At present I simply ignore it.
>
>At present I simply read and control the registers of LTC1760
>and use the "smartbatt" module to read the battery info.

I found out, that I can speak with the LTC1760 just by open the /dev/i2c-0 device and then use the smbus commands from the i2c.h file (With the adresses given in the data sheet). When I start programming like this, I don't think that the result will be a driver for the lm-sensors.org. My way could be very hooked on the used board.

Torsten