DME1737 specsheet dead end.

Hi Eric,

> FYI, DME1737 specsheet (a.k.a. Asus A8000) is apparently not available to mere
> mortals... conversation follows:

I didn't know the SMSC DME1737 and the Asus A8000 were the same chip.
How did you find out?

> ---
>
> REQUEST INFORMATION
>
> Hi, I'm looking for programming information on
> the SMSC DME1737 SUPER I/O WITH TEMPERATURE chip.
>
> I've found overview datasheets but no specific information.  Is such a document
> available?   I'd like to extend the sensor monitoring application used in Linux
> to fully support your chip.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Eric
>
> RESOLUTION INFORMATION
>
> 07/25/2006 09:00 AM TWalter:
>
> Eric,
>
> Who is the end customer requesting the Linux support?
>
> Our DME1737 Datasheet requires a NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) with a major OEM
> to process through our legal department.   I can not send it out without their
> approval.

This is sad news, and not very smart from SMSC. Hardware monitoring
isn't exactly a bleeding edge area, nothing really exciting is going
on. Without a datasheet we can't support their chip, all they'll get is
a bunch of angry users who will make sure to stay away from SMSC chips
in the future.

I've updated our device information page.

--
Jean Delvare