[RFC-patch 0/3] SuperIO locks coordinator

Hi Jim,

> BTW, are the idle/activate sequences doc'd in your datasheet ?
> I ask this cuz pc87360 has a superio-exit defined (and used), but no
> superio-enter(),
> and I couldnt find the idle/activate sequences docd in my datasheet.
> With the long history of copy & modify in these drivers, its possible
> that some cargo-cult features were inadvertently carried forward,
> esp when drivers are written w/o actually having the hardare.
>
> Could you disable your superio-enter(), and see if that breaks the
> functionality ?

I'll do that and let you know how it goes. I suspect that the BIOS
initializes the w83627ehf correctly, and so the superio-enter and
-exit that are used may not be required...except during detection. The
w83627ehf is mapped into ISA I/O space (probably by the BIOS). So I'll
test my theory and get back to you soon.

David