Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi AP Sensors

Hi Jean,

Sorry i did not notice this mail :(

>>> Given that these 3 last chips (W83627HF, W83627EHF and W83627DHG) are
>>> Super-I/O chips and are detected again later using a  more reliable
>>> method, I suggest we drop the legacy detection method for them. I've
>>> already done so for the ITE family some weeks ago. Objection anyone?
>> No objections here.
>
> Good.
>
>>> This confirms my earlier guess. Good. As I said before, we don't have
>>> support right now, but support could be added to the w83627ehf driver
>>> with relatively little effort. You'll have to wait until this happens.
>> From the Winbond website
>> (http://www.winbond-usa.com/mambo/content/view/143/273/) there is one
>> less Vin, and some VID I/O.
>
> Here are my own comparison notes of some says ago:
>
> * 8-bit VID instead of 6-bit
> * No VIN4 (I don't know which one this is in the driver)
> * Additional critical limit for the 3 temperature sensors - part of the
>   automatic fan speed regulation interface
>
> This was only after a quick glance, I could have overlooked something,
> but all in all adding support for that chip should be pretty
> straightforward.
>
>> The datasheet is available by request
>> only. But if Yuan Mu could send a datasheet, I would greatly
>> appreciate it. In fact, Yuan, can you CC Jean on that? He will
>> probably need it too.
>
> I do have it already, our Winbond partners were kind enough to share it
> with Rudolf Marek and me. But I cannot send it to you without the
> express agreement of Yuan Mu or another Winbond representative, as the
> datasheet is not public, as you found out yourself.

It's great if David are willing to add dhg support, so i think you may share the datasheet with him.
Thanks!

>> I'd be happy to add the support. If Michael wouldn't mind testing the
>> driver, we could get started.
>
> Yuan, I would have added support for the W83627DHG myself but it seems
> I am out of time. So I think we have a great opportunity if David does
> have the time to add support. Can I share the datasheet with him? He
> already contributed to our w83627ehf driver, I think we can trust him.

Sorry i'm busy these days ... I trust him too :)

--
Best Regards
Yuan Mu

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such  a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Winbond is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Winbond shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Winbond.