[RFC] Dropping rivatv from sensors-detect

Hi all,

Is there any objection to me dropping rivatv detection from
sensors-detect? My reasons are:

* rivatv is still not in mainline after 3 years. I wonder if it will
ever be.

* rivatv is only one of the several drivers which can provide I2C/SMBus
access to nVidia adapters. nvidiafb and rivafb do it as well (although
I did not check if access to the same busses was provided) and they
are in mainline. And nVidia's proprietary X driver does also in recent
versions, even though it won't work at the moment due to improperly
set i2c functionality flags (and we won't provide support for it, but
that's a different point.)

* Most PCI drivers will autoload in recent Linux 2.6 kernels (in
particular nvidiafb and rivafb do). So I'd rather let the user pick the
driver he/she wants. sensors-detect will scan all available busses
anyway, whether they were detected or not.

* There are many many different nVidia graphics adapters. We already
have 22 entries, representing 20% of the total list of known PCI
adapters. Given that the last ones were added over 2 years ago, the list
is certainly incomplete. I don't even know which devices are supported
by rivatv (or the other drivers mentioned above), and I don't want to
spend time tracking this.

So unless someone finds a good reason I missed, I plan to remove all
references to rivatv from sensors-detect soon.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare