linux-i2c and smbalert

Hi,

in my notebook, I have a chip (namely O2 Micro OZ99x) that probably can do
SMBALERTs for events (panel buttons in this case).
The SMBus specification[1] says that it's optional.

The only mentioning of alert reponse address (ARA) in the i2c-ali1535. And
according to specs from intel[2], the i815 has it, too.

I guess, the interrupt handler should check if the interrupt was due to an
SMBALERT and then handle the alert properly by issuing a read from the ARA
(0x0C), thus finding the device address. Then it should call the driver that
was registered for that address.

Was there any work done on this? I would really like to try this out with the
above device combination, however the i2c-i810 doesn't even listen on the
irq ?!?

HS

PS: I am not subscribed, so please CC: me

[1]: http://www.smbus.org/specs/smbus20.pdf or
     http://www.smbus.org/specs/smb10.pdf
[2]: http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/datashts/29065503.pdf