Using ... SMSC EMC6W201

Hi:

I don't think so. The EMC6w201 uses the SMBus...
Seems like, IIRC, that's why the smsc47* cannot be used.

Is it possible to make a usable driver by implementing only temperature
readings first, then later adding voltages, then still later fans'
RPMs, then PWM fan control, etc... rather than trying to get all of it
done at one whack?

Regards,
Ric

[snip]