BIOS Corruption (was : new abituguru driver in mm kernel)

Hans,

I found an issue with the driver. It seems to have put something in the
uguru part of BIOS, which makes my BIOS hang when I enter Abit uGuru
temperature monitor screen in the BIOS. No keys work and only way for me at
that point is to give it the three finger salute. The peculiar thing I
noticed was that somehow it modified the shutdown and beep CPU temperatures
to 245C and 235C while I had them set at 65C and 75C.

As soon as the temp monitor displays 245C in CPU row, it just hangs. The
next values to be displayed are the enable bit for these temps, I think.

I never used the driver to write anything to BIOS, so how did it end up
updating those values?

Thanks,
-Sunil