AMD K8 digital temperature sensor

Very cool.

My initial tests on Red Hat failed because they don't have HWMON in the
kernel yet. So I tried a beta of SLES 10 and it compiled and loaded just
fine. I found the temperature files under:

> /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon?/device/temp?_input

This system has single core CPU's but there were two hwmon devices
(hwmon0, hwmon1) each with a temp1_input. (Perhaps that's because I
didn't apply the kernel patch?)

This system also has IPMI (rather than lm_sensors.. :( ) so I plotted
the new readings against the IPMI readings. For one CPU the digital
sensor is higher, for the other it's lower...

http://www.mindspring.com/~ppokorny/temps-k8.png

Do the data sheets mention if these values are on the "Tcontrol" scale
or are they supposed to be accurate measurements? Do they need to be
adjusted by the CPU Tcontrol offsets?

Awesome,
:v)

--
Philip Pokorny, Director of Engineering, RHCE
Tel: 415-370-0835   Fax: 415-954-2899   Toll Free: 888-PENGUIN