snapshot generation

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 09:56:08PM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> For releases, it would make more sense to have a "static" download
> area, like we had on the old site:
> http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/archive/
> So that we can also sign the archives. Can we have such a download area
> on the new site?

I created

http://dl.lm-sensors.org/{lm-sensors,i2c}/{release,snapshot}

and synced over the contents of
http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/archive/

Maybe you'd like to restructure a bit, it's all under
/srv/lm-sensors/dl and owned by yourself. I would maybe move some
older releases in an old folder or similar.

I'll return on the subject of snapshots in another mail.

> It would also be convenient if we could have a "Download" link it
> trac's top bar, as this is clearly one of the most popular page. Is it
> possible? I'm surprised there isn't one by default.

That seems to be a bit difficult and is currently advised against
since it may conflict with upgrades

http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/wiki/TracInterfaceCustomization#MainTemplates

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net