ASUS NCCH-DR confusing 83792 vs. 83627THF

Hi rudolf, thanks a lot for your quick reply - and for clearing me up
about the chip hidden
in the mulriplexor.

Rudolf Marek wrote:
> It is "hidden" using the multiplexer. Please upgrade to latest BIOS.
> If sensors-detect cannot find it - we have a contact at ASUS and they will fix it.

BIOS is already version 1005,  which is the latest - and presumably
greatest - according to ASUS
download pages.  Looks like we need your ASUS contact anyway...

> This chip is known to be unused for the fans/temps. You dont need to load this
> driver.

Duly noted.
>> The other thing that puzzles me: In an X86_64 system, I would expect to
>> find
>> the libsensor libraries in a the /lib64 directory, but they actually get
>> nstalled
>> in /usr/local/lib. What must I do to get these libraries in the proper
>> place ?
>>

> # You should not need to change this. It is the directory into which the
>
> # library files (both static and shared) will be installed.
>
> LIBDIR := $(PREFIX)/lib
>
> maybe you can change this to lib64 so the dir will be /usr/local/lib64 but I
> dont know if such directory can exist.
>
> You may also change the PREFIX to / to get it to /lib64 if you like. (all in top
> Makefile)

Well, I am not sure of the significance of this. Probably the system
will just look in the  normal library
path (such as /usr/local/lib) if it cannot find the libraries in
/usr/lib64. Will try to figure that out from here.

Going on standby till you get the news from ASUS - tnx again !

Regards, Joern.