svn resync

Axel,

> > > Axel, please proceed with the migration. There's one extra thing I'd
> > > like you to do if possible. All our cvs commits used to begin with the
> > > commiter's short name inside parentheses. This was helping us identify
> > > in the commit mail who had been doing the change. Subversion does
> > > already include the user name in the mails it generates so this
> > > information is now redundant. Can the names be easily removed from the
> > > messages during the migration?
> >
> > I'll check and see whether I can easily regex this away.
>
> I'm a bit hesitant, look at the simple regex parsing below. Sometimes
> it was used for other context, and sometimes even for defering to
> another external contributor.
>
> The bulk is Frodo, Khali and mds. Maybe you'd like me to only remove
> these or another selected subset? Note also the some *.v files are
> binaries like pngs, these should be handled even more carefully. See
> also below for a list triggering the matching.
>
> I'd be tempted to not do anything, before creating some inconsistency
> that will prop up months later. What do you think?
>
> grep -ra '^@(.*) ' cvs | sed -e's,.*:@(\([^)]*\)) .*,\1,' | sort | uniq -c
>      22 amalysh
>       1 Aurelien Jarno
>       1 Axel Thimm
>       7 bobd
>       3 bob dougherty
>       5 dan
>       6 Dan
>       9 frodo
>    2602 Frodo
>       8 Frodo (Frodo
>       1 Frodo?ti fix, applied a bit differently (about fan_div and
>       1 Frodo?ti fix, applied a bit differently (about fan_div and
>       1 Frodo?ti M?kki's patches
>       1 Frodo?ti M?kki's patches
>       1 Frodo?ti M?kki's patches
>       1 Frodo?ti M?kki's patches
>       1 Frodo?ti M?kki's patches
>       1 Frodo?ti M?kki's patches
>       1 Frodo?ti M?kki's patches
>       1 Frodo?ti M?kki's patches
>       1 Frodo?ti M?kki's patches
>       1 Frodo?ti M?kki's patches
>       1 Frodo?ti M?kki's patches
>       1 Frodo?ti M?kki's patches
>       2 Frodo?ti M?kki's semicolon fix.
>       1 frood
>      11 khali
>    2627 Khali
>      13 marius
>       1 mariusr
>    2651 mds
>      10 Merlin
>       1 MK
>      26 MKN
>     186 mmh
>     120 Phil
>       2 ruik
>      44 Ruik
>       1 Ruik?dez-Sanguino Pe? <jfs@@computer.org>
>      14 simon
>       7 Simon
>       1 smbus.c
>       1 stephen
>       1 Stephen

There seems to be some trashing with non-ASCII characters? :/

> # grep -rE '^@\((Frodo|Khali|mds)\) ' cvs|grep Binary
> Binary file cvs/lm_sensors2/archive/Attic/mod-19981006.tar.gz,v matches
> Binary file cvs/lm_sensors2/archive/Attic/mod-19990118.tar.gz,v matches
> Binary file cvs/website/archive/lm78-1.0p2.tgz,v matches
> Binary file cvs/website/archive/lm78-1.0p4.tgz,v matches
> Binary file cvs/website/archive/lm78-1.2.1.tgz,v matches
> Binary file cvs/website/linux-magazin/klm_error.gif,v matches
> Binary file cvs/website/linux-magazin/klm_sensors2.gif,v matches
> Binary file cvs/website/linux-magazin/lm_sensors.gif,v matches
> Binary file cvs/website/linux-magazin/lm_sensors_s.gif,v matches
> Binary file cvs/website/linux-magazin/sensors.png,v matches
> Binary file cvs/website/linux-magazin/temp_beast.gif,v matches
> Binary file cvs/website/decode-dimms.html,v matches
> Binary file cvs/website/lm78.jpg,v matches
> Binary file cvs/website/tempall.png,v matches
> Binary file cvs/website/Attic/osi-logo.gif,v matches
> Binary file cvs/website/layers.gif,v matches
> Binary file cvs/website/osi-certified-120x100-t.png,v matches

I'm fine with removing only amalysh, Frodo, khali, mds, mmh, phil and
ruik (all case insensitive) and to exclude binary files. However, if
you don't feel confident, just ignore my request. It's just not that
important so if you think there is any risk, don't do it.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare