Address configuration for scx200_acb

Thomas Andrews wrote:
> On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 02:22:52PM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
>

>>> I have a soekris net4801 which has the same sc-1100.
>>> On my board, ISA addys 2e, 2f talk to a separate Super-IO chip, pc87360.
>>> which IIRC has an acb unit also.
>>>
>> True, we don't have a driver for it at the moment though.
>>

>>> Back when I got the board, the presence of 2 superio devices was somewhat
>>> confusing, until Id read both datasheets - 2x.
>>>
>> Does the SC1100 appears at 0x4e/0x4f on your Soekris board? If so,
>> Thomas' code should still work, as long as we probe both possible
>> address pairs.
>>

> At the moment I'm probing 2e, 4e, and 15c for the base addresses. The
> addition of the last one was as a result of two things:
>
>     (a) The old i2c-nscacb.c driver had this option
>     (b) The SC1100 data-sheet indicates that it could be located there.
>
> I have also made this a module parameter, so you could actually probe
> anywhere for the base addresses, if you needed to.
>
> I've retained the base addresses as a module parameter, so if you specify
> those, then it will skip the probing at 2e, 4e, and 15c, and just use
> the addresses you give.
>
> Will that satisfy everyone's needs?

If theres a device-id, it would be good to check.
I dont know the 1st thing about the ACB (on either chip), but I will
(eventually)
try your code, to see if it works on either or both devices.
At this point, I dunno how Ill know about 'works'.

Jean,

> Does the SC1100 appears at 0x4e/0x4f on your Soekris board?

dunno, Ill try that too, when I can.

I suppose I should think some more about sio_lockmgr I talked about once.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.sensors/8710/focus=9122

> Regards,
> Thomas

thanks