Address configuration for scx200_acb

Hi Thomas,

[Jean Delvare]
> > This is a propsal to make the scx200_acb driver's default base
> > addresses configurable through Kconfig. What do you think?
> >
> > Another possibility would be to detect them at runtime depending on
> > some platform data. Sounds more complex, if possible at all.
> >
> > Or we can stick to the current state (default addresses, can be
> > overriden with module parameters).
> >
> > What makes the current default addresses (0x820 and 0x840) more
> > legitimate than what Alexander has (0x810 and 0x820)?

[Thomas Andrews]
> I've been wondering about this myself. I also use the wrap boards, and
> I've found that the address can be automatically set using something
> like this:
>
> static void detect_acb_base_addresses(int *acb1, int* acb2)
> {
>     unsigned char h1 = 0;
>     unsigned char l1 = 0;
>     unsigned char h2 = 0;
>     unsigned char l2 = 0;
>
>     /* Select ACB1  (LDN 5) */
>     outb(0x07,CFG_INDEX);
>     outb(0x05,CFG_DATA);
>     outb(0x60,CFG_INDEX);
>     h1 = inb(CFG_DATA);
>     outb(0x61,CFG_INDEX);
>     l1 = inb(CFG_DATA);
>
>     /* ACB2 (LDN 6) */
>     outb(0x07,CFG_INDEX);
>     outb(0x06,CFG_DATA);
>     outb(0x60,CFG_INDEX);
>     h2 = inb(CFG_DATA);
>     outb(0x61,CFG_INDEX);
>     l2 = inb(CFG_DATA);
>     *acb1 = (h1 << 8) | l1;
>     *acb2 = (h2 << 8) | l2;
>     DEBUG(1,printk("ACB1 at %x, ACB2 at %x",*acb1,*acb2));
> }
>
> Would this not work for the whole family ?

Looks like standard LPC/Super-IO register mapping. Are the SC1100 and
SCx200 LPC chips? What are the values of CFG_INDEX and CFG_DATA in the
code snippet above? I'd guess/hope 0x2e and 0x2f respectively (or 0x4e
and 0x4f.)

I don't have much time to work on that myself, especially when I have
no hardware to test this on, but if you or anyone else could prepare a
patch implementing the idea above in the scx200_acb driver, so that
other users can give it some testing, this would be great.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare