nForce 430 SMBus

Hi Jean,

>OK, that explains it. The driver was looking for the base I/O addresses
>at (non-standard registers) 0x50 and 0x54. You have them at (standard
>registers) 0x20 and 0x24.

>I did some search and it seems that previous nforce4 devices had each
>address listed twice (once in the non-standard register and once in the
>standard register). Original nforce2 devices had only the non-standard
>ones though, which explains why the driver was using them.

>So my guess is that Nvidia tried to move to the standard register,
>which isn't a bad thing, and kept the old ones around for some times
>for compatibility purposes (not a bad idea either.) And your device is
>the first one without that compatibility measure, so the driver broke.

---clipped message and patch

>Mark (McKnight), can you please try it too? It should work for you too.

I tried it on Ubuntu 2.6.15 and it works as expected. I'm now displaying cpu temp and fan speed in the gnome panel.

--
>Jean Delvare

I'd also like to thank lm-sensor developers past and present for sensors-detect. I found it a very useful utility.

Mark Mcknight

7 bucks a month. This is Huge Yahoo! Music Unlimited