netfinity 6000r crash running sensors-detect

Mark Lybarger wrote:
> running sensors-detect on my system causes it to crash. i have a
> netfinity 6000r machine, quad p4, 4gb ram.

What sage the crash occurs please? When you probe this ISA bus or SMBus?
What exactly is the last thing you can see on screen?

(Can you run sensors-detect and find out please?)

Please can you check manuals if there is something about IMPI or BMC?
Can you see temps in bios?

Thanks,

Regards
Rudolf