Memory usage of sysfs files

Hi,

I've given this some more thought and I've decided against implementing
my way for a couple of other drivers to be able to really measure the
difference. I believe we agree my way is somewhat more efficient, but
that the differences aren't big enough to swing the scales to my way
only on the efficiency reasons.

Instead of spending more time coding test-cases I'd rather just see a
decision soon and (if nescessarry) I'll update the uguru driver to match .

There are 2 arguments I would still like to make in favor of my way though:

1) you initially did it this way too for atleast one driver. Remember,
usually your first hunch is a good one.

2) I've also written support for libsensors and the sensors application
when doing things my way and that fits nicely. I'm afraid that the many
files way will be a problem with the current libsensors. I don't want to
now wath the lib and the progs chips.* will look like. 100+ additional
entries for the uguru alone! And I don't think the chip specific reading
and report code in the sensors application will get any pretter too.

Now I know that libsensors is destined to be replaced, but it will be
around for a while I think.

I've attached a patch adding support for the uguru to both lib and prog
with alarm reporting to give you an idea how this will look like when
doing things my way. Please note that this patch needs updating for
2.10 / cvs and thus won't apply.

Regards,

Hans