No sensors detected on the ASUS K8V-MX motherboard with VIA VT8237R chip

Hi Poul-Erik,

On 2006-02-28, Poul-Erik Andreasen wrote:
> When kan we expect at update on the W83627EHF to include som fancontrol
> and some of the other advanced fetures of the chip. I am sitting with a
> machine suited with some nice 120 mm fans, but the minimum-setting on the
> fanspeed is way to high, an it can not be altered in the BIOS.
>
> Unfortunatly i am lousy in C in general and i do not know anything about
> kernel-development, so i cannot realy paticipate, in development.
> But maybe you can use mee as a  beta tester.

We have a pending update from Yuan Mu from Winbond, it needs review and
probably some adjustment. I think I remember Rudolf Marek had been
working on it, maybe he will be able to provide me with a patch ready
for inclusion now that he's done with his final exams. If not, you'll
have to wait for me to have some spare time to handle it, which is not
right now for sure.

Thanks for your patience,
--
Jean Delvare