	From: C Sylla [mailto:csyllac at gmail.com]
	Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 12:25 PM
	To: Williams, Kevin C
	Cc: lm-sensors at lm-sensors.org
	Subject: Re:  Can't load smsc47m1: no such device

	Do you need to force an address possibly?  A lot of the sensor
devices have fixed addresses.  When you use a 'compatible' driver, it
still tries by default to use the 'right' address for the device it was
written for.  For example, for the LM63 you can use the LM90 driver -
but you have to force the address otherwise you get the same kind of
error.

	You also may not get full functionality of the device, depending
on how different the feature sets are.

	The lm-sensors site has some examples and descriptions of how to
force addresses.

	Craig

	On 2/10/06, Williams, Kevin C <kevin.c.williams3 at boeing.com>