LM-Sensors with 2.6.14 and SMSC 47M997 on Gigabyte-8I865GVMF-775

Hi Pavel,

I can see voltages changing in the BIOS H/W monitor, so that gives me a lot
of confidence.

I checked SMSC's web site and they don't list the 4M997 but they do list the
4M192 which is allegedly compatible.  The 4M192 definitely has voltage
monitoring supported - the datasheet lists the registers etc etc.

I am very confident that both the 47M192 and 47M997 have full temperature,
fan and voltage measurement capability.  There is even a driver for the
Linux 2.4 kernel which has voltage and temperature monitoring capability.

I suspect that your BIOS is not giving you the full monitoring capability of
your motherboard, or (for some reason) your motherboard does not have the
full capability of the chip wired.

Best regards,

Roger