some remarks over platform_device use in f71805f.c

Hi,

After reading the discussion about the usage of platform_device in
f71805f.c, I've been busy converting the Abit uGuru driver to a
platform_driver.

I've taken the f71805f.c file as an example and see some room for
improvements there:

-f71805f_device_add can effectively be removed by using
  platform_device_register_simple, which does all this in 1 step except
  for filling the resource struct.

-Also you pass in the base address as the id, this will lead to a dir
  name in sysfs of f71805f<baseaddr> where base addr will be decimal.

  Since you clearly plan on supporting only one device for now, you
  should / could pass -1 as id, which will get you a sysfs dir entry of
  just f71805f.

-You've made the resource struct a static global, but it can be
  a normal local variable since the platform_device copy allocs its own
  copy, see the lifetime is not an issue.

Regards,

Hans