seeking a W83687THF patch for 2.6.15 (re: ticket1944)

Hello Yuan,

Ymu at Winbond.com.tw wrote:
> Quoting Jim:
>
>> BTW - youd do well to drop the *misfortunate* posture.
>>
> I will try to tell my HW colleagues your dissatisfaction...
> Thank you Jim ;)

There seems to be some sort of misunderstanding being perpetuated here.
Let me correct it now -- when I stated "I have the misfortune of having
the Windbond W83687THF Super I/O IC on my Soltek motherboard
(SL-B9D-FGR)" it was never my intention to indicate dissatisfaction with
Winbond.  That is simply not the case .  For the record, I have
absolutely NO dissatisfaction with Winbond, and no offense was intended
in my prior post.   I outlined in my response to Jim why I stated what I
did, but to cut to the chase, it amounts to being little more then a
statement of disappointment of not having native kernel level support
for the chip.

Now then, with any mis-understandings aside ;) :

> Sorry I have not read the w83687thf spec before, It seems a similar chip
> to w83627thf,
Yes, that is what I gathered from the earlier thread found here:
http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2005-June/012752.html

>  so I would like to give a patch to try make the driver
> work first. I'm not sure if it can work but I'm sure there should be a
> better solution.
>
> I would like to suggest you to download lm_sensors2 from the website,
> Install the user space tools, run sensors-detect and do what it suggest.
> Then patch your w83627hf.c with the patch attached.
> You can try using this w83627hf driver now.

Thank you.  I will give it, and the info Jim provided,  a go over the
weekend.

Regards, SK