abit-uguru review (OT diversion)

Hans de Goede wrote:

sorry - I should have changed the subject-line earlier.

> I've thought about merging these too, but there actually a number of
> subtile differences which when all added together make it easier to
> just keep 2 versions:

reminds me of a pointless stupidity in pc87360 gpio.

the gpio unit has 29 gpios in 4 8 bit ports,
2 of them have extra functionality.
sofar so good.

but their address map gives 4 addys per port for ports 1, 2,
and only 2 for ports 3,4

this complicates (ok, just a little) low-level routines needlessly,
and still requires higher levels to look at the index.

Needless obfuscation, and impediment to transparent functionality
upgrades. IMHO.

/me says, thinking of my past errors, and their legacy ;-)