Looking for GPIO Patch

Hi,

I saw a post made by Greg KH back in Sept 21, 2004 to the kernel
newbies list which said:

> There is a proposed GPIO subsystem patch right now on the sensors
> mailing list.  Hopefully it will be posted to linux-kernel in a day or
> so also.  That is probably what you are looking for, I suggest you take
> a look at the patch to see if it will work for you or not (and if not,
> please offer suggestions as to what would make it work for you.)

I looked through the lm-sensors email archive for a few months around
Sept 2004 and coudln't find anything. Am I looking in the wrong spot?
Does anybody know anything about this?

What I'm trying to determine is if any code for managing GPIO
resources exists (i.e. allow a driver to claim a GPIO and then be able
to query GPIOs to see who is using them).

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada