Q: i2c_client_address_data?

***
     I posted this mail before, but I didnt receive a copy of it, so I
dicide to post again. I'd very sorry if u received this mail twice.
***

Hello everyone:

     I'm writing a driver for a chip named tvp5150a on at51rm9200 platform.

     I tried to understand the architecture of i2c driver for linux,
but there're some points that I couldnt understand.

     I think the struct   i2c_client_address_data   is used to probe
a chip attached to the i2c bus,  but I can't see  how to set it
properly.    I've  checked others drivers such as msp3400.c,
ds1307.c, saa5249.c, i2c.h, i2c-dev.h, i2c-core.c,   and the documents
for i2c in src/Documentation/i2c,  but I didnt find any information
useful.

    I guess it may work by simply setting the fields of
i2c_client_address_data with "I2C_CLIENT_END",  but I dont kno why it
works!

   Can somebody tell me the exact meanning of the fields in
i2c_client_address_data?  And how should I set them?

   Any reply will be appreciate. Thanks.

regards.

herb