PC87591x

Hi,

I have (new?) information about the PC87591x Super-I/O Chip. I have
talked to Winbond and they said, the only way to access this chip is
through the PowerManagement channels. The problem is, there exists
verious firmware implementations, so (I think) there exists different
commands through these channels.

To support this chip, there are 2 possibilities. The first is we need to
develope a firmware. The second is to analyze the firmware. On the
Uniwill website, there is a reader/writer for this chip
(http://www.uniwill.com/UserDownload/N243S/N243S2.htm), included in the
BIOS Update archive and is called ecf11t.exe. And on National's page
there is a programming reference for the core of the chip (CR16B). The
datasheet is available at
http://www.national.com/appinfo/compactrisc/pdf/cr16b-prog-ref.pdf.

Have anyone an idea, how to proceed the support? I know, none of these
possibilities are easy to manage.

EnricoB