Analogue Devices ADT7476ARQZ chip status

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > The board I have is an Intel D945PVSLKR, and it has two relevant i2c chips on
> > it.  There is an SMC LPC47M182 chip, but also an Analogue Devices ADT7476ARQZ
> > onboard near the CPU.  I suspect that the Analogue Devices chip is the more
> > useful chip of the two (see ticket comment by Khali).
>
> It's "SMSC", and "Analog Devices". The LPC47M182 is not an "i2c chip".

Still, the LPC47M182 is an ISA interface chip and it has sensors in it (two
tachometer inputs), so while it is not i2c material, it could be supported
by hwmon/lm-sensors.

I *really* doubt Intel is using tachometer inputs on the LPC47M182 if they
have a ADT7476ARQZ on-board, though.

  Henrique Holschuh