[RFC] adding back i2c_get_clients

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 03:04:15PM +0100, Alessandro Zummo wrote:
>  If you don't give the media drivers a way to send ioctl-like commands
>  to theri chips, they will star exporting tons of function.. I agree
>  that you can't stop the caos in the universe, but that is like
>  throwing an atomic bomb in the middle of the caos...

Good, exporting functions is the proper way to do things like this.
Like Jean showed, a simple set of function pointers is the correct way.
We want type-safe checking and explicit interfaces like this.  Not
wide-open, unchecked, and possibly unsafe interfaces like ioctls.

That's why I, and the other kernel developers are trying to prevent any
future ioctls being added.

thanks,

greg k-h