[RFC] adding back i2c_get_clients

 Hello,

  I'd like to restart a topic that was discussed before, regarding the infrastructure
 required to send a command/ioctl directly to an i2c client.

  The topic was discussed in [1] and [2] more than one year ago. This missing
 functionality led to all sort of tricks in both i2c rtc drivers and media drivers.

  My previous proposal ([3]) addressed the separation between ioctls and
 commands. We now need a way to actually send those commands to the
 device we are interested in.

  I'd like to introduce one or more functions to be able
 to retrieve a client based on its driver id and/or i2c class.

  If there's general consensus, I'd be happy to take care of it.

[3] http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2005-November/014343.html

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,