reset=1 required for PWM control on Asus P4P800 Deluxe

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:23:28 +0100, "Eric Pascal" <Eric.Pascal at itesoft.com>
wrote:
> 	I have been submitting a patch to enable Fan speed control on my
> P4P800, and if you disable Q-Fan in the BIOS it work perfectly, you just
> set the temperature you want, the tolerance and the step and it works
> perfectly, don't need to rely on any tool like Speedfan on Windows to set
> the speed of my fan. The patch is being tested and modified to comply with
> lm-sensors standard. But if you are interested I can send you the patch
> that works great.

That would be great, thanks.

I realise now that my first mail was somewhat hasty, and in fact my setup is
(was) so unusual that it probably doesn't justify keeping reset=1. I imagine
most people who set Q-Fan up in their BIOS would want its fan control to
remain after booting, and those people who want to use software-based fan
control would simply disable Q-Fan altogether! Furthermore if the controller
can be switched from one mode to another at run-time, resetting it would
become unnecessary (or rather, subsumed by the mode switching), wouldn't it?

Regards,

Stephen